Thursday, January 10, 2013

Whimsical Sweet Baby James.. a terrible experience.

     HI! Pardon my nublins, I cut my nails all down last month after a bad break. They're in the process of evening out ... I had to photograph this polish though so I could whine about it. Whimsical nail polish by Pam - Sweet Baby James. And Sweet Baby Jesus, I have never despised a polish so much.. it's too bad because it looks adorable in the bottle. A milky blue base with a mixture of pink and translucent square glitter and some matte white hexes.

  There is no way to put this on other than glop it onto your nails..allll of the glitter wants to hang out together in clumps and it's impossible to calm it down. I have a good bunch of indie glitters and I've never encountered this..but I am sure it's common enough. What you're left with is a lumpy mess (STILL, even after using 3 coats of gelous and giant globs of seche vite it was NOT CLOSE TO SMOOTH.) that will never dry. I picked it off over 24 hours later and it was goop.

  I wonder if it is a matte glitter thing that they all stick together like static cling? IDK, but good lord I hate it.





The bottle is cute ?

9 comments:

  1. Awe such a bummer! I hate when a nail polish doesn't live up to expectations:-\ It still looks pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a beauty in the bottle, but I'm sorry to hear about the formula. I wonder if it'd be worth adding a little thinner and layering it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol i love how honest you are but hey i guess that just happens maybe you should add a little thinner ? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I do actually have a bit of thinner in there.. its weird bc the base is not thick.. just glitter that wont come apart! (sticks together in weird bunches)

      Delete
  4. LOL I love how blunt you are. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that's too bad. It doesn't look gloopy! But I hate when that happens... I've had that experience recently and it wasn't pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame with the formula.... The bottle is cute, and I would be seduced into buying this. Oh boy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try this! Too bad about the formula )= Sorry. It is really cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Frick! This has been on my list :( Craptastic to hear that it is no good. It does look cute on you still!

    ReplyDelete